We hope that everyone is enjoying the remaining weeks of summer vacation. As we move into the official start of fall athletics and look ahead to the 2021-2022 academic year, we want to share some updates for the fall season.
Our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our students, staff and community. During the past year, the pandemic has forced us to make many adjustments and changes on and off the field. We are still navigiating the pandemic, requiring flexibility and patience. Please continue to abide by our safety measures. If you have any questions, please contact a coach or school's athletic director.
Returning to Play/Health & Safety
Details surrounding the upcoming season and health and safety protocols are in the CPS Fall Athletics Guide. Important takeaways from the guide:
- Social distancing is recommended at all times possible.
- Student athletes are recommended to bring their own water bottles and equipment as needed.
- Update: Per the Board Resolution passed on August 4, masks will be required at all indoor events for students, staff and spectators. Masks are not required at outdoor facilities but social distancing is still encouraged.
- Check-ins and accurate attendance will be required at all practices and events, temperature checks will no longer be required.
- Spectators will be permitted at contests and athletic events at this time.
Ohio High School Athletic Association/Governors Update
Fall Sports Eligibility
- Per OHSAA, ALL student-athletes are academically eligible for the first quarter.
- Grades from the first quarter will determine academic eligibility for the end of the fall season and start of the winter season. If there are any concerns regarding a student's schedule and if they are enrolled in the right classes to be eligible for athletic participation, please contact your school’s athletic director.
- If you are a transfer or a new student, please make sure you communicate with your school's athletic director to ensure all other requirements are met for participation in athletics at Cincinnati Public Schools.
OHSAA Sport-by-Sport Information linked below:
Sport Physical and Final Forms
- All student athletes MUST have a valid OHSAA physical completed prior to athletic participation. Students without a physical will not be permitted to practice or compete in any way.
- All student athletes and guardians need to complete Final Forms and all required paperwork prior to athletic participation.
Home Town Ticketing
All tickets to events will be purchasable online through Hometown Ticketing. You can find out more information on how to purchase tickets through the school athletic department or by visiting the school's athletic website. Pre-sale ticket cash transactions may be available for students, please contact your athletic director for more information.
VNN Athletics Websites
- All schools have new websites that will help promote our student-athletes, programs and schools. All school websites can be found on the CPS Fall Athletics Guide
- School-by-School Athletic Director Contact Information & Sport Offerings
Our coaches and athletic directors continue to dedicate a lot of time to our student-athletes to help them succeed on and off the field. Let's all come together and share our appreciation of their efforts.