Hello Cincinnati Public Schools Preschool Families,
It is with much excitement that we welcome our students and families to our High Quality Preschool Programs In-Person learning beginning Tuesday, October 13. All of our staff has been working diligently to prepare for this opening and welcome all our students. CPS Preschools are following Responsible RestartOhio guidance along with CPS Safety guidelines.
As decided by the Cincinnati Public Schools Board of Education, preschool will be implementing the following:
- All Mondays — Distance Learning
- Tuesdays–Fridays: In-Person, In-School Learning
All sites are implementing the following strategies to support the safe return to school for our students, families and staff:
- Social Distancing (6 feet apart from others)
- Students are expected to wear masks unless eating or during rest time.
- Upon arrival to school, children will be screened to include the following:
- Temperatures taken by staff, daily health check
- Arrival and dismissal will occur outside the building in accordance with each schools Safety Plan
- Meals will be prepackaged and served using additional safety protocols.
- Hand washing: Preschool children and staff will follow all hand-washing procedures according to the Ohio Department Education rules. Staff and students will wash their hands as follows:
- Upon arrival
- Before leaving for the day
- Before meals
- After coughing, sneezing or using a tissue
- After messy play
- Upon return from outside play
Together we can make this transition to in-person learning safe and successful.
Yours in Education,
Vera Brooks, Director, Early Childhood Education